This palm tree, with its long, graceful feather-shaped fronds, will add a tropical feel to your home and is especially well suited for screened patios and atrium.
What makes it special:
- Best air purifier plant.
- Easy to grow.
- Low maintenance plant.
Chamaedorea palm is one of the most widely used indoor gardenings for bright interior Handsome, arching, green pinnate leaves, with 12 or more pairs of narrow leaflets per leaf, lend a tropical flair to indoor locations. This palm is a small, compact, usually single-trunked palm.
Clusters of yellow flowers in loose spirals may bloom in spring if enough light is present. Plants are dioecious. Leaves 5-8, spreading, pinnate; sheath 8-20 cm long, very obliquely open nearly to the base and tubular only in lower 1/3, short ligule apically on either side of the petiole.
|Plant Height||18 inch (46 cm)|
|Plant Spread||6 inch (15 cm)|
|Common Name||Parlor palm, Neanthe bella palm|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 6 feet|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
Planting And Care
- Keep the plant in a partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where 2 to 3 hours of sunlight is available, just avoid the dark area.
- Use nutrient-rich, well drained, well-aerated, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in the pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy seasons.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilizer a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots so the plant can easily uptake nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Chamaedorea Elegans Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to a more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plants healthy:
|Sunlight||Full to partial sunlight|
|Soil||Nutrient-rich loamy soil|
|Temperature||20 to 35 degrees Celsius|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizer|
Chamaedorea Elegans Special Feature
- Chamaedorae palm is an air purifier indoor plant.
- Chamaedorea Elegans Uses
- This is one of the most useful Palms for landscape gardening
There are no reviews yet.