The Silver Cypress, also known as the Boulevard Cypress, is a dense, upright, broadly pyramidal, asymmetrical small tree that is grown for its handsome foliage.
It has soft, silvery blue-green leaves; Awl shaped, curving with a fine point but not prickly. Responds well to training and sculpting, so they are excellent choices for bonsai. Evergreen tree with a bronze winter color if exposed to wind. Good heat tolerance. Keep outdoor
Common Name- boulevard cypress
Maximum Reachable Height- upto 12 feet
Difficulty Level- easy to medium
*Above specifications are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
- Throughout the spring, summer, and fall your Bonsai should be positioned where
- it will receive sufficient sun.
- It should be protected from wind and draft.
- The soil should be well-drained and fertile for growing plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inches) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in the winter and rainy seasons.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Repot every second year in spring with root-pruning, older trees every third year.
- Remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil, or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when the pot does not have drainage holes.
Silver cypress Bonsai care
- Sunlight- 2 to 4 hours of direct sunlight
- Watering- Medium
- Soil- Rich, humusy, and well-drained soil.
- Temperature- Trees cannot tolerate low temperatures or drafts.
- Fertilizer- once a month in the spring and summer and once every two months in the fall and winter.
Silver Cypress Uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purposes.
- It is generally kept in the living room, terrace, patio, etc